Designed by Knustu. Last update by Andrew on Aug 07, 2009.
If you’re not happy with the default skin of Google Chrome, you can download alternative theme files. Go to ChromoFans and look for something you like. Here's a Knusto's Black Gold Google Chrome Theme:
Download Knusto's Black Gold Google Chrome Theme
- Theme file: black-gold-google-chrome-theme.crx
- File size: 57 KB
Install Knusto's Black Gold Google Chrome Theme
- Themes require Google Chrome 3.0+, if you want to apply these themes, please download and install Google Chrome 3.0 (BETA) first.
- Click above Free Download Now button
- The theme is downloaded as a .crx file to your computer. Confirm your download by clicking Save for the file in the Downloads bar.
- The theme will be applied immediately. If you change your mind, just click Back to default in the message that appears at the top of page to go back to the classic Google Chrome theme
Download Knusto's Black Gold Google Chrome Theme first.
Uncompressed the zip file to your local folder. Each zip file contains two files: the Google Chrome Theme file called "default.dll" and help document called "readme.htm"
Close Google Chrome if you haved launched it.
Replace your original default.dll(I suggest you make a backup of the original first). Here's the path where you need to replace the file:
In Vista: C:/Users/[your user name]/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/Application/[current version]/Themes/
In Windows XP: C:/Documents and Settings/User/Local Settings/Application Data/Google/Chrome/Application[current version]/Themes/
Restart your Google Chrome.
- Sep 28, 2008: version 1.0.
- Nov 17, 2008: version 2.0, compatible with Google Chrome 0.3.154.9
- Aug 07, 2009: version 3.0, compatible with Google Chrome 3.0 (Beta)